Beach clean up on 21 June 2009

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Martin Williams
    Keymaster

Had a clean-up of Coral Beach [Tung Wan Tsai], Cheung Chau, on 21 June. Below are some photos, plus video, from the event – when a great team of volunteers arrived, made fair impact, yet still left much to do. "It was like trying to clean up a landfill," one of the participants told me!

Anonymous
    Inactive

How many people join this event?

Anonymous
    Inactive

How many people join this event?

Martin Williams
    Keymaster

We didn’t come up with final total, I think.

Well over thirty I believe.

Martin Williams
    Keymaster

We didn’t come up with final total, I think.

Well over thirty I believe.

Martin Williams
    Keymaster

Here are some shots from the clean-up:

beach clean-up before shot No shortage of lap sap as we began! Indeed, the tideline was far from the worst area; most rubbish was at the top of the beach, and strewn among vegetation just above the sand.

beach lap sap bagsbeach cleaners

Loads of bags filled, mostly with polystyrene; govt Food n Hygiene Dept later sent a boat to collect the bags.

Even so, plenty of rubbish remained on the beach; more would arrive, esp with easterles.

More clean-ups likely; but also need less lap sap in the sea – inc less dumping of polystyrene boxes used by fishermen and others.

Here’s some video I took:

[video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C37YPHIR9Qk%5D

Martin Williams
    Keymaster

Here are some shots from the clean-up:

beach clean-up before shot No shortage of lap sap as we began! Indeed, the tideline was far from the worst area; most rubbish was at the top of the beach, and strewn among vegetation just above the sand.

beach lap sap bagsbeach cleaners

Loads of bags filled, mostly with polystyrene; govt Food n Hygiene Dept later sent a boat to collect the bags.

Even so, plenty of rubbish remained on the beach; more would arrive, esp with easterles.

More clean-ups likely; but also need less lap sap in the sea – inc less dumping of polystyrene boxes used by fishermen and others.

Here’s some video I took:

[video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C37YPHIR9Qk%5D

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.